[texbirds] Big Webberville Park (local) Bastrop Co. Spoonbill

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 10:26:32 -0500

.
Spent almost 3 hours there getting 42 species...(you have no idea how hard
that can be in August :-)  Highlight was a Yellow-crowned Night-Heron,
photographed and a few unidentified yellowish warblers.

 Just over the county line in Bastrop Co. at the Cedar Valley Lake which is
drying down there is/was a Spoonbill early this AM, at least a large pink
bird.  I forgot the scope.  A number of other waders but no Wood Storks.
Wilson's hay field was loaded with Uplands and they were heard overhead all
morning up to about 9AM

 Is there a more local list or Facebook page that one can post this local
Centex stuff to?  I hate cluttering up Texbirds with stuff like this that
is dirt common elsewhere.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621