[texbirds] Re: Big Sit - Richland Creek WMA

  • From: D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx>, Dell Little <dellel1119@xxxxxxxxx>, matt.symmank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sharon Lane <sharon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 17:41:37 -0500

The 2015 Richland Creek WMA Big Sit is scheduled for this Saturday, October
10th. We are starting at 4am, but you can come and go whenever you like.
Please see my previous post regarding Limited Public Use Permit, restrooms,
etc.
Below is a map showing the driving route to the Big Sit location. We will
be at the west corner of Cell 6. There is a gate at the road between cells
11 and 6. We have gotten permission to leave it unlocked but closed, so
people can come and go easily. If you would help us in keeping it closed
after you enter, we’d appreciate it.

There are also maps at the kiosk at the entrance to the WMA.

Call if you need information or directions.

D. D. Currie
(817)919-8587

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 6:56 PM, D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dell and I will be hosting the 3rd Annual Richland Creek WMA Big Sit on
October 10th. We will set up at the North Unit, which is located off of
HWY 287, just east of FM 488.....approximately 30 miles east of Corsicana.
As of now, we will start at 4am Saturday morning. We are going there this
Saturday to scout the specific location. Additional information will be
provided after this Saturday.

Map to cells at the WMA:
https://richlandcreekwma.wordpress.com/north-unit-cell-map/

All adults who enter the WMA must have a limited public use permit ($12
per year). These can be purchased where hunting and fishing licenses are
sold, e.g. Wal-Mart, Academy. Reference Permit No. 175.

For more information on how you can purchase the permit online go to:
https://richlandcreekwma.wordpress.com/limited-use-permits/

Please note: There are no food or restroom facilities (lots of trees
though) in the WMA, so please bring food, snacks, water.....and a chair.
There is also a convenience store in Cayuga approximately 6 miles east.

The first year we did the Big Sit, we were the 6th highest count location
in the country. The second year, we were 10th......this *despite rain
for the first 5 hours *of the Big Sit!

Please contact me if you are interested via email or just show up. You
can come and go throughout the day as you please.

D. D. Currie

(817)919-8587