[texbirds] Big Sit - Richland Creek WMA

  • From: D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, D D Currie <ddbirder@xxxxxxxxx>, Dell Little <dellel1119@xxxxxxxxx>, matt.symmank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 18:56:31 -0500

Dell and I will be hosting the 3rd Annual Richland Creek WMA Big Sit on
October 10th. We will set up at the North Unit, which is located off of
HWY 287, just east of FM 488.....approximately 30 miles east of Corsicana.
As of now, we will start at 4am Saturday morning. We are going there this
Saturday to scout the specific location. Additional information will be
provided after this Saturday.
Map to cells at the WMA:
https://richlandcreekwma.wordpress.com/north-unit-cell-map/

All adults who enter the WMA must have a limited public use permit ($12 per
year). These can be purchased where hunting and fishing licenses are sold,
e.g. Wal-Mart, Academy. Reference Permit No. 175.

For more information on how you can purchase the permit online go to:
https://richlandcreekwma.wordpress.com/limited-use-permits/

Please note: There are no food or restroom facilities (lots of trees
though) in the WMA, so please bring food, snacks, water.....and a chair.
There is also a convenience store in Cayuga approximately 6 miles east.

The first year we did the Big Sit, we were the 6th highest count location
in the country. The second year, we were 10th......this *despite rain for
the first 5 hours *of the Big Sit!

Please contact me if you are interested via email or just show up. You can
come and go throughout the day as you please.

D. D. Currie

(817)919-8587