[texbirds] Big Bend Pine Canyon

  • From: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 00:58:42 -0500

Spent Sunday in Pine Canyon without hearing any Colima Warblers.  I know
many of you have birded Big Bend for years to decades, do they not breed
that low?  From the trees I would have guessed they would be there.  There
wasn't another soul on the trail all day.  Also FYI, a Geo Metro could make
that drive in.  Two century plants (Agave havardiana; correct me if I'm
wrong) were in bloom past PC5 right along the road with a nice male Lucifer
Hummingbird territorial, pretty good angles for you photographers.  Also,
FYI a Geo Metro could make that drive in there.
Graham Floyd,
San Antonio, TX