[texbirds] Best spots to see hummingbirds in Big Bend?

  • From: David Reimer <dkrinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:53:41 -0500

Hi all,

I hope you are doing well this Thursday.

I am going to Big Bend in mid April to do some birding.  I would like to go a
little later, but this is when I have time.

I am looking for the best spots to see hummingbirds there.  I have heard at the
"pond" in the basin, behind and down from the store, as well as at Boot
Springs.  Are there any other really good spots?

Should I put up a feeder?

I have all of my other spots picked out for other types of birds, but have
never birded there specifically for hummers.

Thanks much!

David Reimer
Dripping Springs