[texbirds] Berry Springs. Williamson Co

  • From: Randy Duncan <osufight@xxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds TexBirds Posting <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 01:01:21 +0000 (UTC)

I took advantage of the cooler weather and went and walked Berry Springs in
Georgetown at lunch today. Finally added the Kiskadee to my Wilco year list...
pretty sure I am the last birder in the county to get the bird. I had expected
to see it along the creek thicket but it was up in the pecan grove. There was
lots of activity in the little sunken pond before you get to the larger spring
pond. Several species were coming in to grab a quick bath.. East Kingbird,
Summer Tanagers, Orchard Orioles, a single Balt Oriole, and 40 plus E
Bluebirds. A neat spot to sit and watch.
Randy DuncanLeander TX