[texbirds] Bentsen SP birds - Oct 27

  • From: Roy Rodriguez <Roy.Rodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:37:46 +0000

Hi TexBirders,
Bird feeding at Bentsen-RGV State Park has commenced and we are off to a good
start with lots of Chachalacas & Green Jays dropping in.  We are not yet in
full swing, as we await the local citrus crop to mature, but there is enough
peanut butter mix and seed out there to attract plenty of birds.

We currently have eight (8) feeding stations open, including Kiskadee Blind and
Green Jay Blind.  The birding has been getting better and today saw twice as
many species over last weekend.

The Hawk Watch volunteers continue their count until the end of the month.
Today had two Gray Hawks & a Crested Caracara perched near the tower.

Below is the list of birds seen today, Sunday October 27, 2013.

Species

Count

Blue-winged Teal

7