[texbirds] Bentsen Bird Walk 9/21/14

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 16:01:46 +0000

This morning started off muggy with little to no breeze, so the birds were not
really moving too much.  We did have a Clay-colored Thrush, Buff-bellied
Hummingbird, and plenty of White-winged Doves at the Headquarters.  At the
Resaca we saw a Great Egret and heard a Northern Beardless Tyrannulet and
Altamira Orioles, but they were nowhere to be seen.  On the way to the Kisakdee
Blind, we had a nice look at an Eastern Screech Owl and several Golden-fronted
Woodpeckers.  While at the Kiskadee Blind we spotted a Black-and-white Warbler
moving through the brush.  Lastly, we stopped at the Hawk Tower to get a breeze
and watched Broad-winged Hawks swirling in a kettle.
Species Count
Plain Chachalaca               15
Great Egret         1
Turkey Vulture  8