[texbirds] Bentsen Bird Walk 4.5.15

  • From: Hannah Buschert <Hannah.Buschert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'TexBirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 18:47:41 +0000

Hello Texbird-ers,
This morning started off cool and cloudy, but then the sun came out! As for
the bird walk, we started off with some nice looks at an Altamira Oriole and a
couple of Black Phoebes at the levee. We saw Plain Chachalacas, White-tipped
Doves, and Great Kiskadees at the Nature Center. We heard several Olive
Sparrows en route to the Resaca, where we saw our American Kestrel. We stopped
by the Hawk Tower and saw several hawks waiting for it to get warmer.

Join us for Hawk Watch on the Hawk Tower from 8:30a-12:00p, daily through April
30th.

Species Count
Muscovy Duck (Domestic type) 1
Plain Chachalaca 15