[texbirds] Bear Creek, Sharp Rd

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 15:18:24 -0800 (PST)

I went looking for the purple finch today at Bear Creek Park along Sullin's
Way, and while I saw over a hundred if not 200 American goldfinches, the only
other finch was House Finch, at the corner of Golbow and Bear Creek Drive. At
the first pass at this corner, I got one female and two males, right out on the
street. Second pass, I saw four males and two females, on golf course near that
same intersection.

Sharp Road has Harris Sparrows in several locations, check every dense brushy
area, it seemed they all had a Harris sitting in them. Lots of white crowned.

Only other notable bird was a possible Turtle Dove near two Euroasian Collared
Doves on Hahl and House.  It seemed too big to be a turtle dove, may have been
a domestic escapee, all very white body, tail and wings, with pink feet and
bill but dark eye and no nape patch.

Carolyn Dill
Houston, TX