[texbirds] Bear Creek Park

  • From: "Andy Dietrich" <andydietrich10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 20:02:10 -0600

I birded the park this morning looking for the Greater Pewee. After arriving
after 10 am I birded between restroom 9 and 10 and did not locate it. I
relocated to south of restroom 9 and almost immediately located the Greater
Pewee in the woods directly south of the restroom in the tops of the bare
trees hunting insects . Watched him for over five minutes before it flew
off. It returned about ten minutes later for several minutes. I had great
looks through my scope. Also got FOS Pine Warbler there and had great
viewing of Pileated Woodpecker on a tree looking of food. Only a few typical
birds around otherwise.

Andy Dietrich

Pearland, Tx

---