[texbirds] Bastrop State Park Post Fire Survey Invite

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:01:03 -0500

.
I start October's post fire surveys in the morning.  Several have wanted to
come along.  I can take two folks that would be welcomed to come along.  We
go to remote portions of the park well away from the open areas.
  If interested let me know by 6AM in the morning (Monday) for the first
transect.  There will be two more this week...If you come be prepared to
walk thru downed timber. high grasses, weeds etc. and be able to do two
~miles in medium difficult terrain...Two cars cut the walking distances in
half (my reason for this post :-).  Long pants and sturdy boots are an
absolute must, sneakers and sandals will leave you miserable.  !  Bring
water.  Protocol has the surveys finishing by 10A so we don't have to be
out there long.so we can hit some other hotspots afterwards for fun...I
wrap it up by noon.  No pets.

Again I can take only 1-2 folks so let me know if interested and I will
tell you when and where to meet.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/