[texbirds] Bastrop State Park

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 10:26:19 -0500

 Did the first half of my 2 part monthly post burn survey in the park, in
the not so popular area for me (no water/ponds)....Highlights were Am.
Redstart and Olive-sided Flycatcher calling.  There were a couple of empids
but mainly it was slow...Heck it is August.  I zoomed thru this survey as
fast as I could so did not spend anytime with plants.  When I got back to
the road, I heard one of the Hairy Woodpeckers but did not see one..

  I was out in the yard for 2-2.5 hours last night....Virtually nothing
going over...Stopped at a control site I gauge things by (other than my
porch) and nope, almost zero shorebirds.   I didn't even hear Dickcissels
last night and only 3-4 Uplands.   Every day is different in migration, but
these south winds don't help

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist