[texbirds] Bastrop S. P. Alum Creek (Local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:20:40 -0500

.
Had a few loose ends to pick up at the above this morning for March.  All
the breeding warblers appear to be back with the exception of Swainson's
and Kentucky which lost a significant portion of their habitat in the 2011
fire
Sandhill Cranes 3 ...Surely about the last of the last til fall
Broad-winged Hawks ...a long stream of of fast flying/soaring birds around
10AM  ~90
C. Ground-Doves 6
Hairy Wood. 1...My first in about two months plus.
E. Kingbirds 2  my FOS
Scissortails 2
Gantcatchers aplenty
Brown Thrasher 1 singing.
Yelow-throated Warbler 1
Yellow-breasted Chat 1 early, singing, my FOS HO
Clay-colored Sparrow 1
Summer Tanagers 3 all HO, definitely back on territory.

...Then the winds picked up.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621