[texbirds] Bastrop S. P

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2014 11:40:51 -0500

.
  Did some survey plots in Bastrop SP this AM and a bit of birding on Alum
Creek afterwards..  The front hit with very gusty winds under cloudy skies
so that sort of put a damper on the morning.  The burned pines continue to
thin as they rot out at the roots.  I heard several fall in the wind and
saw one. Some young pine are alread 5' high.   For sure things are opening
up.  Lots of spring back in there with second growth really starting to
shine.  Despite the conditions highlights included...
Great Crested Flycatcher 1  My FOS
Brown Thrasher 1
Yellow-throated Vireos 2 singing.
Yellow-troated Warbler 2 one singing...I hope a breeder.  The species has
very much declined as a breeder in the county.
Hooded Warbler 1 (HO) Singing
Fox Sparrow 1   Getting on the late end for these.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/