[texbirds] Bastrop Red-headed Wood, Audubon's Warbler male, Brown Creeper (local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 14:01:38 -0600

down to Gonzales on Hwy 304 (I opted for the ditch and shoulder)   As a
result I broke a shock and shock mount and had a couple of other minor
things to get repaired to get by on..   I had no idea it would take 3 hours
but the shock was under warranty and they had to find that brand
elsewhere...Anyway I birded Fairview Cemetery and some east side streets on
foot for that time.
Fairview Cemetery has a nice male Audubon's Warbler and male Y. B. Sapsucker
On Fayette Street there was an adult Red-Headed Woodpecker as a flyover
Harris's Sparrows and one Brown Creeper behind or near the Convention
Center..
Cooper's Hawk terrorizing the local WWDOs etc.in a determined effort.
Cedar Waxwings, a flock of about 65.

Not bad for just killing time.  So glad to finally see some good sun and
warming.

Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621