[texbirds] Bastrop Co. white geese.(quite local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:26:44 -0600

.
Geese on the ground are hard to come by in Bastrop county but I have made 3
different short runs over to the big fields near Webberville in Travis Co.
to hopefully find geese for that Collaborative effort as they are tough too
there, at least on the ground......Lots of gulls, ducks and blackbirds at
times but no geese.  I stopped at the gate above Cedar Valley Lk. in
Bastrop Co. tho and well beyond it to the south..a mile or more distant did
see a medium sized flock of white geese, specific ID to species could not
be determined...I had checked this location twice previously today but none
were there...A fair number of gulls have been over or around the lake most
of the day.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
120 N. Red Bud Trail. Elgin, Tx. 78621