[texbirds] Re: Bar-tailed godwit YES

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mausti5@xxxxxxxxxxx" <mausti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 00:01:27 -0400

All -

OK, I must have seen Mike across the flats of the Oso as we were searching
unsuccessfully for the Bar-tailed Godwit from 6-ish to a little after 7pm.
However, the wind was honking out of the East, and a lot of birds were
evidently in hiding.

Shorebird numbers were WAAAY down from two weeks ago, but tide stage and the
winds might have had some effect, too.   As we left, the wind and tides were
blowing water across flats that were pretty parched, so tomorrow might find a
LOT more feeding habitat for the peeps and more muddy walking for birders.

Clay Taylor
TOS Life Member
Calallen (Corpus Christi), TX
Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx