[texbirds] Re: Balmorhea and Fort Davis Birding 2-16-14 Black-legged Kittiwake still present

  • From: Fbald48078 <fbald48078@xxxxxxx>
  • To: fbald48078@xxxxxxx, texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 21:28:26 -0500 (EST)

Texbirder's,
I meant Belted Kingfisher.
Terry Baldwin wrote:
<
Texbirders,
I birded Lake Balmorhea area today (2/16/14).
At the lake I found:
Hundreds  of Snow and Ross's geese. 3 Blue morphs were found with a few Ross's.
Quite a few 50+ American widgeons found. I looked for the Eurasian to no avail.
4 Mallards
10-20 Pintails embedded with the Snow geese flock.
1 female Common Goldeneye at west side of dam.
1 Pied-billed Grebe.
3 Western Grebes.
2 Clark Grebes.
1 Great blue egret.
1 Immature Bald eagle.
Several Northern Harriers.
1 Greater Yellowlegs
5 Killdeers
20 Ring-billed gulls.
1 Black-legged Kittiwake.
1 Green Kingfisher
Flock of 15-20 Sprague's Pipits on the dam.
House sparrows a few heard and seen
1 Red-winged blackbird.
1 Western meadowlark
Several Great-tailed Grackles
Note: A Golden Eagle was reported yesterday at the check in station.

Terry Baldwin
west Houston.

Fbald48078
fbald48078@xxxxxxx