[texbirds] Bald Eagles @ Turf Farm

  • From: Donna DeLeeuw <ddel580112@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 20:25:21 -0600

I drove out to the holding ponds at the Horizon Turf Farms mentioned by
David Scott and indeed saw several bald eagles and various other birds.
Two flew in to grab something from the pond, circled around, and then
flew off to the trees at the far rear of the property, but could still
be seen with a scope or good binoculars.   As I was leaving I saw 3, 2
definitely full adults and was unsure of the third,  just sitting in the
field. What a magnificent site for day 1 of 2013.  Thanks.
Donna
Cypress