[texbirds] Bald Eagle in East Texas

  • From: "Pat Fengler" <pfengler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 19:18:50 -0500

A friend of mine who lives near our lakes called me and said she had seen a
Bald Eagle soaring late this afternoon.  My aunt and I jumped in our car and
drove around the lakes, across the dam and then parked near a swimming pool
that overlooks the middle lake.  We had no longer parked when it flew over the
car about 30' above us.  A crow started chasing it off to the east and we lost
it.  Drove around several times but never got an eye on it again.  I told a
friend to look.  Haven't heard back from him to see if he saw it.
We've had eagles nesting here a few years ago but this is the first in a while.
 He was probably just traveling through.  I'll send again if he is spotted here
again.

Pat Fengler
Hideaway, TX
(near Tyler)