[texbirds] Balcones CBC 2012

  • From: Laurie Foss <lauriefoss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:05:26 -0500

Texbirders,
The 2012 edition of the Balcones CBC will be held on Monday, December 17th.
This count, on the Balcones Canyonlands National Wildlife Refuge, has
enjoyed steady growth in participation over the past few years, and as a
result our species total has continued to climb as well. We would love to
continue this trend - more eyes in the field gives a better view of the
birds life there.
This is an opportunity for you to have access to areas of the Refuge that
are not usually open to the public. With expert group leaders like Jake
McCumber, Chuck Sexton, Shelia Hargis and Jeff Mundy (to name only a few!),
you can expect to see some excellent birds during the day of the event.
Last year's count included a FLOCK of Mountain Bluebirds, a Say's Phoebe, 5
Sage Thrashers and large numbers of sparrows.
Send an email to balconescbc@xxxxxxxxx to participate and keep an eye on
balconescbc.org for updated info for the count day.

Laurie Foss
Shelia Hargis
Balcones CBC co-compilers
www.jbjourneys.com