[texbirds] BLACK-BELLIED WHISTLING DUCKS ROOSTING IN NEIGHBORHOOD

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 17:45:09 -0400 (EDT)

There has been a large flock of BBW Ducks hanging around a large storm water
retention pond next to my neighborhood for about five years.  I have gotten
used to hearing their calls as they fly over my house in the pre-dawn hours.

However, now I am hearing their calls coming from trees in a neighbor's back
yard every morning.  There appears to be 2 BBW Ducks hanging around in his
trees. This neighbor has domestic geese in his back yard; is it  safe to assume
that the BBW Ducks are attracted to the feed he is giving to his geese? If so,
could I attract BBW Ducks to my backyard with this feed?

Mira
Pearland