[texbirds] Austin Christmas Bird Count, December 14, 2013

  • From: Shelia Hargis <shelia.hargis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 06:12:11 -0500

Join us on Saturday, December 14th, for the annual Austin Christmas Bird
Count (CBC). The Austin CBC is sponsored by the Travis Audubon Habitat
Conservation Committee. The CBC circle is centered on McKinney Falls State
Park and basically covers southeast Austin (see the map on our website). We
need many birders of all skill levels to adequately survey the birds in the
circle area to find all of the expected species and the rare species
visiting the area. We would especially like to have some feeder watchers
this year, so if you live within the circle and have bird feeders, please
participate.
For more information about CBC’s in general, see
http://birds.audubon.org/christmas-bird-count. For more specific
information about the Austin CBC including a map showing the count circle,
go to www.austincbc.com. Email Shelia Hargis and Laurie Foss at
austincbc@xxxxxxxxx with questions or to register. Thank you for
participating in this important citizen-science project!

Shelia Hargis

TOS Vice President

Austin