[texbirds] Attwater Prairie Chicken NWR Jan. 16

  • From: Carolyn Dill <carolyn_dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds \(texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx\)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 17:17:50 -0800

Lots of grasshopper and LeConte's perched up in early morning light. Common
Ground Doves near the parking lot for the bird blind. One Sprague's Pipet on
the pipet trail.
Only sparrows missed were Lark and Harris. White throated I found along Sharp
Road.
All the others present: Chipping, Grasshopper, Swamp, Field, Savannah, Vesper,
Song, White crowned, LeConte's, Lincoln's.
Somebody with a better scope than mine, go scope out Beal's Road west of the
entrance to APC NWR. I thought some were longspurs but couldn't get enough ID.
On east side past the field full of some 500 pintails in stubble.

Me, I'm going to be in the crowd looking for the striped sparrow tomorrow. And
asking (politely) for a peek at your scope. Thanks, fellow birders.

Carolyn Dill
Houston