[texbirds] Anyone say migration is over?

  • From: Elliott Gordon <tengalloncat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 16:05:09 -0500

Well, it's not. After school this afternoon, I saw a small flock of
waxwings. But that's not the reason for this post: swarming nighthawks. I
remember seeing this last spring, then it was preceded by a buildup in the
number roosting out front. Well, as soon as I got outside, one was flying
low, the bulk of the group 50 feet up. I counted 16. So fun to watch.
Wonder where they're headed?
--
Elliott Gordon
AF5HH