[texbirds] Any Rufous Hummers? Still One Near Blessing

  • From: "T. David Griffith" <tdavidg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds POST <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 10:07:04 -0600

Folks,

I haven't had much of a chance reporting on our birds near Blessing, but
saw our male Rufous Hummingbird, nick named Rusty for obvious reasons,
last Monday, Feb 18.  We are about 3 miles east of Blessing, just off
S.H. 71 about 1/2 mile north of S.H. 35 in Matagorda County.  We had 4
Rufouses overwintering with us including two mature females and a
juvenile which might have been a Ruby-throat.

Please let us know if any one is still seeing them.  Thanks.

David Griffith