[texbirds] Another update to the Hewetson:Kostecke thang

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>, Rich Kostecke <rkost73@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2014 19:23:37 -0600

Greetings All:
I spent almost the entire daylight period of today exploring the further
reaches of Dickens County with Phillip Kite.  In terms of my little
regional competition with Rich Kostecke, the most noteworthy sightings were
a pair of Red-bellied Woodpeckers in Afton (#300) and two Eastern Towhees
in a tree-dotted patch of grassland/brushland between Afton and East Afton
(#301).

Rich will, no doubt, soon drop a bomb or two on my hopes but, in the
meantime, I am going to enjoy being up 301 to 298:)

More details about the trip will be posted tomorrow.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock