[texbirds] Another Kinney Co. surprise (Flycatcher) etc.

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 15:07:00 -0500

  I watched and listened to this empid for a good while and for now have
come to the conclusion this is a probable "Western", but I do not remember
the call note for Cory's that well and this bird gave mostly a single soft
call note several times from what I heard.  Anyway Ebird shows no records
for Kinney Co. and before I throw this bird into the county bucket I figure
I best put it out there for review.  I did have several distinct Leasts and
at least one Willow today also.  Here you go again...

https://plus.google.com/photos/104451252411753205600/albums/5742107836414655249?authkey=CODriOeCqcnYQQ

Other highlights on this mornings work included but were limited to...

Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Western Tanager (f) 1
Lazuli Bunting 1

--