[texbirds] An appeal for photos from Paradise Pond April 21+ -

  • From: "Mel Cooksey" <cooksey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:45:35 -0500

On Sunday, April 21, a warbler was photographed at Paradise
Pond in Port Aransas that is compelling for Golden-cheeked
Warbler. We are still looking at the photo, but it may not be
definitive. We would like to hear from anyone who was shooting
photos at that location on or near that date, who might have
captured a photo of this bird. The bird appears to be adult male.
The observer was quite diligent in her description, including a
sketch and field notes (take note, all you young hotshots,
there are some folks who still know how to do this).The notes
show a solid black back and crown, and black eyeline
behind the eye.

Email me at cooksey@xxxxxxxxxx if you have something that
might help, or if you know someone who might.

Thanks,

Mel Cooksey
Corpus Christi