[texbirds] American Robins and Cedar Waxwings...Oh my!

  • From: Ian Layton <ilayton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:26:47 -0600

Cindy and I had been commenting on how few American Robins and Cedar
Waxwings we had seen in our neighborhood this winter. Saturday morning
we went out to do some yard work at about 8 am and were taken by
surprise by the birdsong coming from the trees around our property. On
closer observation we found between 500-600 AMRO and 60-80 CEWA
congregating in the trees.
They stayed around being very loud for about 90 mins and then....gone!
Did not return Sunday or this morning.

--
Ian Layton
Cedar Creek. TX