[texbirds] Re: American Kestrels nesting in Tarrant County as well

  • From: Brady Surber <supersurber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, "jjones4fwas@xxxxxxxxx" <jjones4fwas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 09:31:20 -0500

They have been breeding in Central and southern Wilbarger county for several
years now. There is a pair breeding on the ranch I do work on in Cooke county
south of Muenster.  I have Summer records for almost every county around and
suspect the breed throughout the region, as NorthCentral Texas away from the
Metroplex is one of the most under-birded regions of Texas.