[texbirds] Amazing Rainfall Event in Guadalupe Mts.

  • From: Mira M Pellerin <mirampellerin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:24:54 -0400 (EDT)

I just checked on the status of the Guadalupe Mts. NP and found out that it has
been closed due to flooding conditions since 9/13/13. The following amounts of
rain fell within a 24 hours period from 9/12/13 to 9/13/13:

The Bowl - 12.4 inches
Dog Canyon - 9.7 inches (the 55 mile long drive to get to Dog Canyon has been
closed due to flooding)
McKittirick Canyon ~ 5 inches

There are some astounding pictures of the flooding on the net; just search for
flooding in the Guadalupes.  Dell  City is surrounded by water.

I am glad that somewhere in Texas rain has fallen; it would seem that it might
be a tad much!

Mira M. Pellerin