[texbirds] All birding is local

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:18:29 -0500

Joe, I too have still never had a Great-tailed in over a quarter century
set foot on this property that I know of.   But if you want the Crow people
, you have to do better than dog food...They are bums, Mine are completely
spoiled, insistent, greedy and hid chow from each other...They are on the
limb in the oak over my house every morning early letting me know it is
time for something tasty.   They don't even fly anymore when I walk outside
and are on the feeder before I can get 25 ft. away.  They are a mess.  Was
gone most of 6 wks. this spring...But they were in my face less than 15
minutes after I drove up the hill to the house...They must know the sound
of my truck or maybe the looks.   They are out there right now, those bums,
sitting in the shade quietly in the oaks...I'm sure ready for some other
leftovers...This morning is was salmon skin, stale crackers and a chopped
weenie.

--
Brush Freeman
361-655-7641