[texbirds] Re: Aechmophorus grebe, Jackson County

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ronnie Kramer <ronniekramer1964@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 13:54:05 -0600

I can only recall one bird so maybe there have been more occurrences....BTW
they for some reason show up on Fayette Lake....I have seen them there 3-4
times in winter and I rarely bird that lake (no one does)...There are
always lots of Ospreys, White Pelicans a Bald Eagle or two and is one of
the better places to find Woodcocks and LeConte's Sparrows on the
Rice-Osborne nature trail which runs from Oak Thicket Park all the way
around to the boat launch....I have not been there in a good year, maybe
two.