[texbirds] Advancing Ornithology Through Technology

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <FCollins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:18:16 +0000

The afternoon birding class entitled "Advancing Ornithology Through Technology"
will be tomorrow, Wednesday June 24.
From digital acoustics recordings to geolocating to genetics, and more,
ornithology has benefited from rapidly advancing and increasingly available
technologies. We will use some recent findings to show how these technologies
have allowed ornithologists to refute long-held assumptions, confirm
suspicions, and solve mysteries about the lives birds.

This class will be from 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM. It and all classes and programs at
Kleb Woods Nature Center are free and open to the public.

Our weekly Wednesday bird walk is from 8AM and is also free and beginners and
children are welcome.

Fred Collins, Director
Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Road,Tomball TX 77377