[texbirds] APOLOGY Re. my response to Mary Beth's Re: Re: my "grasspipering . . . (Saturday, 04/12/14)"

  • From: "Rex Stanford" <calidris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 15:54:55 -0500

I offer my profound apologies for my response below to Mary Beth's
communication of early this morning.  Having awakened still sleepy and
without breakfast I had misread or misremembered her communication as saying
that she had found about 15 Upland Sandpipers at the Weaver Road sod fields
on Saturday (04/12/14), rather than what she really had said, which was that
these birds were found at the Progreso sod field that morning. Thus, I
thought she had missed the fact that my wife and I found 11 Upland
Sandpipers at the Weaver Road sod fields. In fact, it was I who had done the
misreading and not Mary Beth. Thus, this apology for making it sound like
she had been confused, when it truly was me. Worse yet, I thought I had
posted this apology to TEXBIRDS at 8:16 AM this morning, but, in fact, I had
hit the wrong command by eliciting Reply to Sender (me), rather than sending
it to Texbirds via Reply to All. I hope to have learned from this not to
reply, especially on a public forum, to a communication before I have fully
awakened and, ideally, have had breakfast. Again, my apologies, both to
TEXBIRDS readers and to Mary Beth.

Rex Stanford