[texbirds] AM GOLDFINCH SEEN AT BNC ON SATURDAY

  • From: "Mira M Pellerin" <dmarc-noreply-modpost@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mirampellerin" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 20:45:51 -0500

This is in response to the questions about the occurrence of Am Goldfinches in
Texas.

I was birding with a friend on 11/28/15, when she saw one Am. Goldfinch on the
trail between Turtle Pond and Wooster Point (BNC). I did not see it, but my
bins are broken.

We did see a pair of Horned Grebes at Wooster Point, and I saw 2 Brown Boobies
while there (one on the powerlines pylons, 4th one out from the fishing pier)
and one flying overhead near Wooster Point.

And we did see the Least Grebe at Turtle Pond.

Mira M. Pellerin