[texbirds] Re: A tale of two woodpeckers (long, not for listers or chasers)

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 15:49:22 -0500

Fred et all -

Back in the Northeast, Downey Woodpeckers were quite frequently found pecking
at goldenrod (solidago) galls, especially in wintertime.    They would be out
in fields, perching a foot off the ground, hacking away at the tough fibers of
the galls.

I  not surprised to hear that L-bs do it too, but now I will have to watch for
it.

Sent from my iPhone