[texbirds] Re: A Smith Point heads-up

  • From: Joseph Kennedy <josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tad Finnell <tadcipiter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 12:16:24 -0500

And also 10,000 and 20,000 bird days around the end of lake eire and lake
superior. Goshawks are not moving this way yet. And 37,000 broad-wings
snuck around smith point to go over corpus Christi yesterday.
On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Tad Finnell <tadcipiter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Quite often during the hawk watch season I hear a comment along
the lines of "I sure wish I had known all those birds were coming by
yesterday", or something similiar. Well, this is your 'heads up'.
Yesterday afternoon, at my old hawkwatch in western Virginia,
3000 raptors were counted, practically all Broad-wings. That
probably means, with the frontal system coming, that Tuesday
and Wednesday could be very good days at Smith Point. So,
grab your comfortable folding chair (just in case) and make your
lunch and join us at the tower. Hopefully this will be our peak week.
See you there.
Tad Finnell Lake Jackson

Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
permission from the List Owner

--
Joseph C. Kennedy
on Buffalo Bayou in West Houston