[texbirds] Re: 9-12-14 EIGHT warbler sp @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Christian Walker <christian.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 08:49:04 -0500

Hello,
for me were the Chuck-wills-widow I flushed, 6 species of warblers, flyover
Blue Grosbeaks, and being able to study 2 each Yellow-bellied and Least
Flycatchers. No Traill’s found.

Good birding,

Christian Walker
Independent Adjuster
Austin, Texas
(512) 431-2495

Warbler Woods, Guadalupe, US-TX
Sep 12, 2014 7:25 AM - 10:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments:     Clear, calm, around 85 degrees.
50 species (+2 other taxa)

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck  12
Northern Bobwhite  5     1 HO
Snowy Egret  1
Black Vulture  3
Turkey Vulture  5
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Killdeer  3
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  2
Inca Dove  1
Common Ground-Dove  6
White-winged Dove  305
Mourning Dove  5
Greater Roadrunner  2
Chuck-will's-widow  1     Huge, pointed wings, very rufous.  No white in wings,
none seen in tail.
Chimney Swift  6
Ruby-throated/Black-chinned Hummingbird  6
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  1
Ladder-backed Woodpecker  2
Olive-sided Flycatcher  1
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher  2