[texbirds] 8-6-12 Baird's Sandpiper @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 21:19:43 -0500

8-6-12 Baird's Sandpiper @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

This evenings exciting bird was a Baird's Sandpiper seen and heard by Don.

 The Eastern Screech Owl has been calling at night, along with Great Horned
Owls and Chuck-will's-widow.  Orchard Oriole has been showing up in the
backyard and Painted Buntings are around.

With Summer heat, I'm usually out 630 am till noon and sometimes early evenings
or else I send Don for evening duty.  It is comfortable on the shady trails  or
my favorite place lately is at the Scout or Heron Pond.  I also usually get
1-1.5 hour at the Warbler Pond.  The Scout Pond is comfortable in the early
evening with the shade and a breeze and seats at most viewing areas.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at