[texbirds] 8-25-14 Black Phoebe, Chat @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 21:29:11 -0500

8-25-14 Black Phoebe, Chat @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
I had a lovely Black Phoebe at the Scout Pond Dam this morning.

1
Black Phoebe
Saw at Scout Pond Dam and it was across the pond, in a small tree, with great
light and in the open. Black chest, white belly, distinctive shades of
impressive black. Bobbed its tail in phoebe-like behavior. While I grabbed the
camera, it flew into the field. I was unable to relocate with better light, to
take a picture.

I also had FOS Chat today and Yellow, Black-throated-green, Black-and-white
Warblers around at times.  We are at the time of Fall Migration, where the
patient get a new bird most days.

Don continues recovering from surgery, but had to return today to the dr for a
different cast that wasn't tight.  It will be a good while before he can use
his thumb and we need help with the bird feeding right now.  We have volunteers
through Friday, but need more help!!!  It takes you 45 min and you are in a
covered golf cart to do so.  Please take a  day!  Monta is taking Tuesday for a
month.  Lora cleaned the Warbler Pond and Gordy came tonight to fix the water
flow.  Mary Ann's crew continues with the Butterfly Gardens.

Please help!  Don will eventually be able to do some things one-handed, but not
now.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS