[texbirds] Re: 7-21-12 Hawk ID help @ Warbler Woods

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 08:37:15 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This camera is my "proof of life" camera and something I can haul in my bag in
the "off" season.  It has an 35x optical in a small package with a viewfinder,
which is necessary--Powershot SX40 HS.  Many compromises as we age and I'm
amazed that my camera does so well with my tremors.  I also had 6 appt. for my
back last week, so my hauling days are over!

I've been out 90 min and have 24 sp today and have many areas to check.  Gary
Lane came yesterday after 7 pm and got Loggerhead Shrike, Downy Woodpecker,
Barred Owl and 2 Chuck-wills-widow, among other birds

Summer birding is fun!  I'm comfortable until noon and get entertained each
day.  I currently have 3 Killdeer, 1 Solitary Sandpiper, numerous other birds
going to the Heron Pond.  Bobwhite are calling all over the property.  I'm in
the shade and on a comfortable seat.

All my birds are in EBird and we are a Hotspot

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz