[texbirds] 70 to 80 Fish Crows in a Flock today

  • From: "Kathie Holder" <khdesigns1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 21:42:33 -0600

We have not seen such a large group of Fish Crows before.  Today at 4:00 pm
we had 70 - 80 Fish Crow fly over our house heading North.  I would greatly
appreciate any information anyone has.  Is this a winter event?

We had three (possibly four) Hummingbirds today, a subadult male
Black-chinned, a subadult female Rufous, and an adult male Rufous.  We heard
a Buff-bellied this morning but we did not see it.

We have two Eastern Towhees as yard birds these days.  Nice birds.

Kathie Holder
Huffman, TX