[texbirds] 7 Warbler sp. at Laguna Gloria

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 22:55:37 -0500

I decided to focus on birding the patch (Laguna Gloria, Travis Co.) to see
what the cold front pushed in. Warbler activity was alright in the morning,
with a few yellows, two wilsons, and two mourning warblers, both 1st year
types. the highlight of the morning was 3 Philadelphia Vireos that like the
willow and cottonwoods. I was able to photograph 2 out of the 3 PHIVs
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/7968176526/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/7968175290/in/photostream/
i had some time left, so i ran out to hornsby bend where i picked up a
lifer ode, but no real noteworthy birds other than a juvie white ibis.
i took an afternoon homework break, and then ran down to Laguna again
around 5:30. activity had picked up, and i found a Black and White Warbler,
female American Redstart, Nashville Warbler, and a Black-throated Green
Warbler. Also had a Least and Willow Flycatcher, who was courteous enough
to call a few times
Black and White:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57637231@N04/7968165072/in/photostream/
Willow Flycatcher: