[texbirds] 5-4-14 Mac excitement @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 21:38:16 -0500

5-4-14 Mac excitement @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Im so tired after such a fun weekend!  Travis Fieldtrip and Laurie, Sheila and
Ed's Texas Birding Classic Team on Saturday, add 23 Houston Ornithology Group
members and an Ornithology Class from Texas State on Sunday, mix in lots of
birding friends and you have a fun party, in spite of adverse wind patterns.

Lovely MacGillivrays Warbler, male on Saturday, plus today and Friday.  Today,
we had two at once and one was probably a female.  We had 5 warbler species and
59 species total for the day,  we are still missing a checklist from one of the
fieldtrips.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS