[texbirds] 5-2-12 Thirteen Warbler sp @ Warbler Woods

  • From: Warbler Woods <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 19:16:18 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

5-2-12 Thirteen Warbler sp @ Warbler Woods

Slow day, but quality along the way.  I ended up with 43 species seen from my
chair in the Warbler Pond area from 9 am- 4 pm.  It was fun to see two
Long-billed Thrashers together.

Warblers(all but 1 from backyard). Tennessee, Orange-crowned, Nashville,
Yellow, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Black-throated-green, Blackburnian,
Black-and-white, American Redstart, Worm-eating, Wilson's, Yellow-breasted Chat

Vireos:  Hutton's, White-eyed, Blue-headed, Red-eyed

Misc:  Least Flycatcher, Eastern Kingbird(field), Long-billed Thrasher, indigo
& Painted Buntings, Ruby-throated and Black-chinned Hummingbirds, Gray
Catbirds, White-crowned Sparrows

Chuck-will's-widow calling early evening until early morning.  Great Horned
Owls on nest

Thanks to our visitors!  Please remember that the backyard is a "quiet" area.
No playback of bird calls allowed on the property and no flash allowed around
nests.

To visit:  http://warblerwoods.org/directions/visit

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at