[texbirds] 5-13-12 Eighty-three sp @ Warbler Woods

  • From: Warbler Woods <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 19:59:31 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

5-13-12 Eighty-three sp @ Warbler Woods

83 species, 11 species warblers, 6 species vireos
Dan Smith had 53 species
Tyler Audubon had 47 species
Travis Audubon had 60 species
I had 29 species at the Warbler Pond

40 visitors today and very fun.  We hit parking problems, but luckily, parking
spots opened up when,needed.  Btw, coming in the afternoon works well-more
active at the Warbler Pond.  We had Travis Audubon and Tyler Audubon with Peter
Barnes, along with many other visitors.  Thanks to all!

Highlights--Northern Flicker(Peter Barnes), Wood Thrush(Dan Smith), Cedar
Waxwing, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Clay-colored Sparrow, Grasshopper Sparrow

Flycatchers:  Olive-sided, Willow(Trails/Peter Barnes), Least, Empidonax,
Eastern Phoebe, Western Kingbird, Scissor-tailed

Vireos:  White-eyed, Bell's, Blue-headed, Hutton's, Warbling, Red-eyed

Warblers:  Ovenbird, Black-and-white, Nashville, Common Yellowthroat, American
Redstart, Magnolia, Blackburnian, Yellow, Black-throated-green, Wilson's,
Yellow-breasted Chat

To visit:  http://warblerwoods.org/directions/visit

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3 )
Cibolo/Schertz
Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at