[texbirds] 4-30-12 Nine sp of Warblers @ Warbler Woods

  • From: Warbler Woods <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:45:52 -0500

4-30-12 Nine sp of Warblers @ Warbler Woods

Another fun migration day.  The following is just my backyard, aka Warbler
Pond, birds.  We ended up with 44 species and 9 species of warblers.  What is
remarkable is there are no flycatchers, tanagers, thrashers and few vireo sp.
so, you can bird from the comfort of a nice chair, in the shade and get good
birds.  My numbers are extremely conservative.

Btw, yesterday, add on a gorgeous male Northern Parula for 11 sp of warblers

Thanks to our visitors and especially to Austin and San Marcos TOWN ladies, who
cleared the Chat Pond of Cattails, so that we can start adding water and to
Jeff Cheney for working on Margie's Woods.

To visit:  http://warblerwoods.org/directions/visit

Warbler Woods, Guadalupe, US-TX
Apr 30, 2012 9:28 AM - 4:59 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     Warbler Pond <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version
1.4.2
44 species

Turkey Vulture  1
Cooper's Hawk  1